Thursday, January 20, 2011

What a Way to Start the Year!

So my first two weeks of my second semester of college are pretty much over. So far it's been fantastic to be back! Of course, the day I returned to school, my hometown got a BUNCH of snow and my brother got 2 snow days...grr...it just finally iced/snowed a bit last night...but it's like nothing. There was just enough ice on the first day back to have me slip on the way to my very first class however. My foot slipped out from under me, I flew into the air, and landed right on the tip of my elbow :( Took a minute or two to stand back up and luckily my laptop (which I was carrying) hadn't been harmed. To make a long story short, my elbow was swollen, was (and still is) bruised, and I chipped it. Sure makes working out interesting! Jumping jacks turn into looking like a person drowning in mid air...anyway.

So far I've been pretty good with my New Year's resolutions. I've spent a lot more time studying and sleeping, and I've still been able to hang out with my friends quite a bit. Had some fun taking a lot of photos and then Spring Sing has started recently. WOW! It is so much fun :) We have a pretty big group this year, awesome directors, fantastic choreographers, and I've already made some new friends! The homework here hasn't built up just incredibly yet, although I did only get 3 hours of sleep the other day from all the stuff I had going on. But that was remedied today :) Classes were canceled until 1!! :D And my orchestra class was pretty much canceled, so I got a day to sleep, and get caught up on some homework.

All in all, it's good to be back with my graceful *haha* and adorable roommate and all my friends, pretty much my second family :) God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment