Monday, February 4, 2013

Busy as a Buzzing Bumble Bee

Bleeeeeh! What a semester it's been so far! We're only 5 weeks in and I became sleep deprived 3 weeks ago haha. Some may call me crazy, but I love my busy life! It is extremely exhausting though. I'm taking 18 hours this semester with classes such as Human Anatomy, Music Appreciation, Statistics, and Story of the New Testament. None are terribly hard subjects (except anatomy where we take 6 pages of notes front and back each day), but they all have a lot of busy work. I'm also involved in the OC Valentine's Cabaret, the OC Opera, and am doing Spring Sing full time for Gamma Rho. My days typically consist of waking up at 8 and just going without much of a break until 11:30 at night. Lately I haven't been able to attend my new found addiction to Zumba, but I still manage to squeeze some in on my own. :) Also, my sister got married on Saturday! (yay!) A lot of time, effort, and stress went into making everything perfect for that, and perfect it was :) Anyway, amidst all this business, I've realized that staying focused and keeping busy makes everything go more smoothly. It does get stressful and sometimes I feel like quitting and taking a nap instead, but I know I have to keep pressing on if I want it all to turn out right. In the same way, I'm realizing more and more that the same is true with Faith. Staying focused on God and keeping busy doing His works will make life flow a little more smoothly. There will be days where you will want to just stop and quit because everything seems to be going wrong, but God is right there holding your hand, pushing you to finish. Also, focusing on God makes all of the daily worries/struggles not matter quite as much. Especially trivial things such as what to wear, what's for lunch, or interpreting random comments/actions from boys. The last one will become a huge problem for women all over America in 9 days. Focusing on God helps you to fall more in love with Him. When you fall in love with God, worldly "flirting relationships" don't matter quite so much and the really important relationships will fall in to place because God will see that your priorities are straight and you are ready. I kind of lost sight of my priorities last semester and have been slowly putting them back in to place. This is one New Year's Resolution I don't want to mess up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment