Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Always Waiting

So Stellar Kart has this song called "Always Waiting" that kind of describes where I'm at right now. The chorus goes:
"Always waiting for tomorrow
Always waiting for
The new to come around
Still waiting for the grass that's greener
Always waiting for anything but now"

And that's what I'm doing....waiting. Waiting for the opera to finally be here, waiting for NATS to arrive, waiting for school to be finished, waiting for New York, waiting to do homework occasionally, waiting, waiting, waiting. It's gotten down to it...the final 5 weeks of school. Where a class can make or break your GPA. You have to think about saying goodbye to your friends for the summer, so you want to start hanging out more and more. But alas...it too must wait. Wait for classes to end, wait for dorm sign-ups and scheduling to be over and done.

At the same time, I feel like I'm waiting on God. I don't know why, but I just feel like I'm waiting for him to give me a huge slap in the face or a giant explosion of....something. I keep feeling it, but I don't know what it is yet. Maybe I'm searching for a path. What on Earth am I to do with my life?? I mean I'm about to be a sophomore in college...time to get serious with my career path. I'm majoring in biology, but is that really where I wanna be? Can I work a full time job in the medical field and STILL be an excellent mother someday? I just added a music minor. Where will that take me. Will I decide to go that route rather than science?? I don't even know. All I do know, is that waiting is difficult.

Then I think about what all I've just said, and I realize that I'm missing the small wonders He's presenting me with amidst all the waiting. I'm so focused on the big stuff and worrying that I forget to cherish each day and each second He's given me.

So I guess for now I'll just tackle this one day at a time. Class by class, hour by hour. That would really stress me out a LOT less haha.

Anyway, just kind of a random thought at the end of a busy busy day. Now I get to go tour the dorms and pick out my room for next year! :D Yay for rooming with Kristen Lindsey!!! :D It's gonna be a great year, I can tell already :)

No comments:

Post a Comment