Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuE70GK_mq8

Well...no long and deeply insightful blog for you today. Just remember how blessed you are :) I mean if you're reading this then you have an education, you have a computer, and you have internet.

Anyway. Today has been a fantastic day! Just a day to sit and relax at home after working so hard in the store. My family went Christmas Caroling last night (as you can probably tell from the link above) and stayed out pretty late. I look forward to caroling with my family all year long! It's a time of family togetherness, and a time of spreading joy. The smiles I see on peoples' faces when we show up at their door really makes it all worth while :) As a result of staying out so late, none of my family got to bed before 2.  We all finally arose from our beds around noon-ish today and started opening presents an hour or two later. I got a lot of clothing and jewelry, some lotions, a Third Day CD, Eclipse, Toy Story 3, Beauty and the Beast (my favorite Disney Princess! The child in me was very excited to open this haha), and various other things. It was a very good Christmas day :)

After all the new clothes had been tried on and we'd had a little time to gather everything, my siblings and I went to play Just Dance on the wii. Lemme tell you...that game is harder than you'd expect! I know I got quite the workout haha Even if you can't dance (like me), it is a ton of fun! Once that was over we all piled into the kitchen to help cook dinner and get everything ready. It was a delicious meal! My mom's ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, and cherry dump cake :) To top it all off we had Welch's Sparkling Grape Juice! And now I'm writing this blog while we all wait for our food to digest so that we can play the new board game our dad got us. Hopefully after that we'll be able to find "A Christmas Story" so we can watch it!

Everything I've described above is my family's traditions for Christmas :) I love each and every one and wouldn't want to miss any part of it. Please feel free to list any traditions your family has :) I'd love to hear them! May God bless you and have a Very Merry Christmas!! :D

p.s. Random thought: I really want to make a song about calculus by changing the lyrics to a modern day song...music video! :D Wow....how nerdy am I? 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment