Friday, December 17, 2010

Random Musings

A Sidewalk Prophet
by Lauren Wheeler

Walking along on a cold Winter’s day,
I see my shadow come out to play.
Constantly changing, but never straying,
Almost as if something inside were delaying.
The feeling deep inside, I soon come to realize,
Can be seen plainly on the sidewalk by my eyes.
There I go walking, being all that I am,
But my emotions are built up like water in a dam.
I look to see what I have really become,

My Shadow.

Fading with the twilight
And gaining strength with the rising Sun.
Distorted by worldly objects,
Swallowed in the darkness.

But when the Sun comes back around,
The essence of me is there to be found.
I can run and jump and go anywhere I please,
And I’ll always be there and always at ease.
This can be so when you dwell in the Son,
So stretch out your shadow and reach everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment