Friday, December 17, 2010

There's no place like home.

Well my first semester of college is over and done with. Man. What a semester it was! Most of the time I was extraordinarily busy, half-asleep, and rushed...but it was fun :) I made soooo many good friends! And I'm sure I have many more to meet next semester. Finals were tough, but I didn't die...so that's good :) I'm learning more and more each day about what it's like to be grown up...not that a college freshman equates to that at all, but it's an experience nonetheless.

There have been several events the last week that just keep going through my brain and leave me wondering...wondering about...well...everything. Where do I go from here? Do I really want to major in biology and go to med school? What will I specialize in? Nurse or doctor? Should I just forget it and become an accountant? Should I major in music and teach people to sing?? Should I pursue a life on the stage? Should I scrap it all and be a stay at home mom? What happens next?...I know it's a little early to be thinking about this, but in today's society it seems like you need to grow up knowing exactly what you want to be...otherwise you'll have a lot of wasted years and a lot more wasted money. I sit back and wonder what I'm doing sometimes. I wonder what I'll do after college, what kind of job will I have, what will my family be doing, where will I be living, what will my future husband be like, what about kids? Will they respect me, will they grow up to be good kids, will they  have a heart after God like I hope they will? To all these questions and thoughts I can only say one thing...I have no clue. It's taking me a while to really let God just take control of everything...to just sit back and give him the wheel. But every time I hear the song "I'm letting go" by Francesca Battistelli, it reminds me to step back and just pray about it. I don't know what's going to happen next, as much as I'd like to, so it'd be best to just sit back and trust in him.

While God is working all that out, it's great to be back home :) I'm back to selling fragrance with my mom and sister, having fun messing around with my brother, and listening to my dad's punny jokes. My cat appreciates the extra attention and I'm sure everyone is glad to have me and my sister home to sing with...and also to help with housework. :)  We get to decorate the Christmas tree soon, which is one of my absolute favorite days of the entire year! Christmas music blasting from everywhere and the smell of glass ornaments, fake Christmas tree, peppermint, and Christmas. :) I especially love this time of year because of all the Christmas caroling my family does....most of it randomly starting in the car or just sitting around the house. I love that my family loves to be together. I know that they're always there for me and nothing I could ever do would make them love me any less. It gives me a small glimpse into the love that God must have for us. :)

Anyway, maybe now that I'm on break I can get some sleep!.....or I could just spend my time shenaniganizing with my family and church friends ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment